Hi!

Welcome to my blog! Harvey is back! In case anyone forgot, or if you are new to my blog, Harvey is my family's 23-foot Winnebago View. We have picked up mom from the Salt Lake City International Airport, and vacation can officially begin. We are in California and our real adventures can begin. Enjoy :)

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Banana slugs







Not to be educational, because I know that's my sisters job, but banana slugs can either be yellow, green, brown, white, and sometimes yellow with brown spots, this is how they get their name.  They grow up to 25 cm long and can move 6 1/2 inches per minute.  If you were wondering, banana slugs are my favorite mollusk.


3 comments:

  1. Karen, You like some strange things. Never heard of banana slugs. Please don't bring any home. I have plenty of black slugs that don't want to leave my yard. You can have some. They are not as attractive as your yellow bananas. Love Beach Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! I'm with Grandma, a slug is a slug is a slug, even if it's a pretty color yellow. What Beach Grandma didn't tell you is that she's been feeding her slugs beer! That was Grandpa's trick for making them go away... She thinks they are gone but I think they just went to the Ocean Mist so they could enjoy some music with their beer!

    I'd say your Mom makes a great banana slug but that doesn't sound like as much of a compliment as it's meant to be so I'll just say that's a pretty funny picture!

    xoxoxoxo! Love, Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen. Unlike Beach Grandma and Auntie Pam, I do think you should have brought some banana slugs home. I see no reason they couldn't live in the basement with the worms and then showed up for the grand finale St. Edward 's science fair. If you got some of grandma's black mollusks to mate with your banana yellow mollusks, you would have black and yellow bumblebee mollusks! Definitely a ribbon winner.

    Then on field day they could come back out for some slugfest mollusk racing-the possibilities are endless, and you would be just the girl to pull it all off. I would ask that you refrain from bringing them to my house, as I already have Jax the hermit crab I have to babysit for when Andrea goes off on all her excursions.

    Have fun the rest of your trip, can't wait to see what you find next. Love, Auntie Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a message! It's the honors system if your a robot go away your not welcome here! (: